Maybe you’ve heard, or maybe you haven’t. Saturday Night Live has FINALLY gone after a non-conservative group.
Over the last few years, we’ve seen quite a few attacks on our President, the Press Secretaries, and the Senate GOP. But for some reason, last Saturday was a little different.
SNL’s skit was meant to portray Democrats as old, out-of-touch, losers. I know this was meant to be funny, but hey, if the shoe fits, wear it.
The skit uses a few Democratic leaders to make their point. Let’s really think about them:
- Hillary Clinton: a failed 70-year-old candidate who lost a presidential election despite having more money than any other candidate in history and the first female candidate for President nominated by any major party. Had to rig the primary to defeat a 76-year-old Jewish socialist.
- Nancy Pelosi: The 77-year-old former Speaker of the House, who has had more plastic surgery than Dolly Parton and who “guaranteed” Donald Trump would never be President.
- Chuck Schumer: a 66-year-old New Yorker who hates on Donald Trump now, but certainly didn’t when he was taking money from him earlier on in his career.
- Bernie Sanders: A old, grandpa-figure socialist who owns three homes, yet makes his living off blasting the “top 1% of America.”
- Tim Kaine: One of the most low-energy Vice President picks in history. (Look for him to lose Virginia in 2018)
The skit embodies the reality that the DNC is facing: their youth outreach is not working. They have no true leader in their movement, and the only way that they could get their candidate through the Primary was to rig it against the candidate that half of their voters wanted.
And to make matters worse, their party is so polarized that they had to rig the primary against a socialist. They have lost complete control of their party, and I don’t see them regaining it anytime soon.
Out of touch, old, losers. Sometimes you just have to appreciate some good irony.